- Discover the rich history and culture surrounding dim sum and the proper ways of ordering and eating
- Experience a typical Cantonese lunch, share a table with locals and wash utensils with tea before using
- Eat different varieties of freshly steamed dim sum being served by the restaurant for the day
- Enjoy unlimited servings of piping hot Chinese tea served from a classic teapot and cups
What To Expect
Immerse yourself in a truly Cantonese tradition and savor the most delicious dim sum that Hong Kong has to offer! Book your spot in this guided lunch and have an authentic “yum cha” experience. Yum cha is a time-honored practice of serving small portions of steamed, pan-fried, and deep-fried dim sum dishes inside bamboo steamers and paired with Chinese tea. People often go to yum cha in large groups for family get-togethers or celebrations. Your friendly local guide will meet you outside of Sheung Wan MTR Station and take you for a short walk to the dim sum teahouse nearby. You’ll be guided on the proper etiquette when securing a seat and ordering your food. It is common to share a table with strangers especially during peak hours. Whether or not utensils have been properly washed, it is customary for locals to still pour boiling water or tea into a spare bowl and wash their chopsticks, bowls, cups, and soup spoon a second time. You should definitely give it a go! You will have unlimited cups of piping hot Chinese tea poured from traditional teapots to wash down all the delicious dim sum. After your hearty lunch, you can ask your guide to direct you to the nearest MTR station or just go on your own way.
- 11:00am-11:15am meet up at Sheung Wan MTR Station Exit E2
- Walk 7 minutes from station to dim sum teahouse
- Find seats and learn about dim sum etiquette, traditions and history
- Enjoy a tasty and memorable dim sum lunch
- Option to return to Central MTR Station
- Tour runs on every Thu/Sat
- Minimum 2 people join this tour as a group
- Restaurant is air conditioned with clean toilets
- Any food or beverages not included in the lunch set will be at an extra cost
- There are no cold beverages available for purchase at the restaurant
How To Use
- After payment, Koalabeds Customer Service will contact and confirm your arrival pickup date and return date.
- Then, you will received the pick up confirmation letter for your journey.
- You must present a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is valid only on the tour date and time specified
Meet Up Information:
- Time: 11:00am-11:15am
- Location: Outside of Sheung Wan MTR Station Exit E2
- Your guide will be wearing a moose antler headband, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Full refunds up to 10 days before event (calculated from the event start time and date)
- 50% refund for cancellations made between 4 and 9 day(s) before event (calculated from the event start time and date)
- Tours will be cancelled if the Hong Kong Observatory raises a Red or Black Rainstorm Signal or a T8, T9,T10 Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal